The Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor) has developed special criteria for assessing risks of legal entities’ and individual entrepreneurs’ activities. According to the Federal Service, losses from these risks may be material (buildings, constructions, basic stores, materials) and special (damage to health of people, environment, etc.).
Organization’s risk rating determines the periodicity of its scheduled inspections by Rospotrebnadzor which are known for being quite tough.
The following periodicity has been set:
- Low risk category - no scheduled inspections are envisaged;
- Moderate risk category - once in six years;
- Average risk category - once in four years;
- Sufficient risk category - once in three years;
- High risk category - once in two years;
- Extremely high risk category - once in a calendar year.
- Lower than RUB 1 000 - low risk category;
- From RUB 1 000 to RUB 10 000 - moderate risk category;
- From RUB 10 000 to RUB 100 000 – average risk category;
- From RUB 100 000 to RUB 1 mln - sufficient risk category;
- From RUB 1 mln to RUB 10 mln - high risk category;
- Over than RUB 10 mln - extremely high risk category.
It is also possible to change the assigned risk category. In order to decrease the risk category we recommend using such methods as insurance or diversification of types of activities, etc.